|Savor the Flavors of Midcoast Maine
Sunday through Tuesday May 13-October 3, 2012
Culinary explorers, foodies and those who love to explore local foods will enjoy this fun-filled itinerary to discover and savor the flavors of Midcoast Maine accompanied by the finest accommodations from the Captain Lindsey House Inn.
Celebrating an early spring, we're offering this exciting package starting May 13 through October 3, 2012. Get ready for a long list of inclusions because this is one hearty lodging package guaranteed to find the way to your mate’s heart through his or her stomach. With so much happening in the Rockland and Camden culinary scene, the Lindsey House has packed a three day/night package with locally sourced foods and exclusive tours and tastings topped off with accommodations at award winning Captain Lindsey House Inn. You’ll need all three days and nights to explore all that’s offered in the Midcoast food scene.
The package is offered Sunday through Tuesday, with scheduled features and self-guided fun on the agenda for three days and nights. The Savor the Flavor package includes:
- Three nights’ accommodations for two on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, May 13-
October 3, 2012.
- A hearty breakfast each morning featuring as many locally-sourced features as possible.
- An exclusive garden tour of renowned Primo Restaurant, a pioneer in Farm to Table philosophy.
- A $50 Midcoast Money voucher to enjoy dinner at Primo Restaurant (advance reservation required), in the Primo Tavern, or at a wide range of other fine restaurants in the Rockland/Camden area.
- A self-guided tour and map of the specialty food purveyors in Midcoast, Maine with tastings and samples provided exclusively to our guests.
- Two tickets to the well-loved Nap-Ah guided Wine Tour provided by All Aboard Trolley, visiting three Midcoast Maine wineries (Sweetgrass Winery, Savage Oakes Winery and Cellardoor Winery) for tastings and tours via a comfortable motorcoach.
- An autographed copy of Mediterranean Women Stay Slim, Too by Melissa Kelly, owner of Primo Restaurant.
- A special tasting at Fiore’s Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars on Main Street in Rockland, sampling a 10-year-old, 15-year-old and 135-year-old Balsamic vinegar, while learning cooking tips and recipes, history and health benefits of olive oils and vinegars.
- A copy of the Historic Inns of Rockland signature cookbook Inn-Dulgences
- An exclusive tour and tasting at Breakwater Vineyards for our guests.
- A gift bag with a signature apron and a special collection of value offers for savings exclusive to our guests from Rockland and Camden area restaurants (offering free apps, desserts or special offers), stores (offering discounts), spas (offering discounts) and attractions (offering discounted or half price tickets). The value collection represents more than $250 in savings.
All this starting at $505 per couple (plus ME tax). Price will vary by date and room selection. (Holidays and festival weeks are not available).
This package also offers some optional adventures offered to our guests. These are not included in the package price but have been made available at an additional cost exclusively to our guests.
- Have the camera ready. Take a tour of a working lobster pound and wharf at Ship to Shore, and then enjoy a real Maine lobster dinner served harborside overlooking a wonderful view of quintessentially Maine Owls Head Harbor ($25 per person).
- Tour Rockland’s local Shag Rock micro-brewery at Amalfi on the Water in Rockland topped off with a beer and oyster pairing, sampling four locally brewed beers accompanied by a half dozen fresh shelled oysters. (Reservations required $20 per person, available after July 9, 2012).
This package cannot be combined with any other specials or discounts and is subject to the inn's normal policies including our 14-day cancellation policy. Prevailing Maine State lodging tax rate will apply.